whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Oct 11, 2011

...to be as a mute swan

  
...hello out there
to all you dear girlie's!

today's musing is about something close to my heart
a beautiful swan

i have several of these ethereal creatures
adorning my home
their elegant presence,
 inspires me to always be graceful in my everyday life.

next week,
we are traveling back east
in search of our future lovely nest,
truth be told,
i am nervous about those small details...
i am seeking grace.

~

~to be as a mute swan ~


you never hear her approaching
for she quietly glides across the sparkling water,




facing forward,
a sight to behold,
s-i-l-e-n-t-l-y wise,
always ready to face whatever challenges that lie before her...




oh dear, there is a storm moving in...
but ~
this does not deter her,
and she continues to glide.
unwavering.
calm.




even when the wind sends out it's worst howls
and tries it's very best to blow her away from her chosen path,
she wades,
feet pedaling,
head strong,
quietly ~ gliding along...




that old, nasty wind will have a piece of her, regardless!
and whisks away a few of her precious plumes
but still,
the mute swan continues on...




never lashing out,
although, so very close to tears.


she struggles on
 believing that just beyond her sights
there is a peaceful place to rest...
she only has to trust in her inner strength
with all her might.

ravaged by the fierce storm,
she clings to the gentle voice that woes her on...
"be still, and know that I am"




glide on
oh beautiful one...

you inspire me so...
to be as a mute swan during a difficult storm is not easy ~

i wonder what wisdom she would impart
if i were to humbly ask...




as the Sonshine
grows more apparent
i realize ~ as she gazes my way,
she has already imparted her wisdom

without ever speaking...




i am ashamed of my own disbelief at times,
i lower my head
and beneath my feet
are a few of her beautiful plumes
carried to shore by those once turmoiled waters...

 i bend down to gather a few,
upon further inspection,
i  can surmise that these feathers
never went under water during that storm,
but merely floated upon the top of the water.
that beautiful swan was made to ~ float!!
how magnificent is that detail, i ask you??!

as i make my way home,
swan plumes in hand
i hear ~
"so do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself"
just
"be still, and know that I am!"


~


sharing today's musing with
Faded Charm's: White Wednesday


here's to gliding along!

8 comments:

  1. I feel calm just reading your beautiful swan musings, Rosemary. What a wise, beautiful creature. There is so much to learn from our dear friend the Swan.
    Pleasant journey, my friend. Your new home awaits your discovery...
    - susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post for several reasons and the importance of trusting and believing.

    I adore swans and recently spent time in Galway Ireland where there are many many swans.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it you provoke such beauty and grace with each post? You could produce your own magazine, Rosemary. xo Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Rosemary... For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. be still dear friend, t. xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post Rosemary! I would be a little nervous too, but I know you will be just fine! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a gifted writer and creator of beautiful things Rosemary. I love to watch swans....they are so graceful:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. This is lovely!
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails